The poker world’s most-awaited and longest-running poker event, the 50th World Series of Poker (WSOP), is happening in 10 days on May 28, 2019, at the the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
The 50th WSOP will run for seven weeks from May 28 to July 16, 2019. The weeks-long tournament will kick off with a huge opening event, which will be followed by the much-awaited Big 50 No-Limit Hold’em event on May 30.
WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart stresses the enormity of this commencement event. “We expect our opening weekend Big 50 event to be one of the largest in our history, and certainly one of the best value tournaments ever offered. This is part of our concerted plans to make the 2019 WSOP a better value all-around,” says Stewart.
Players in the The Big 50 are set to enjoy a US$ 5 million guaranteed prize pool, with US$ 1 million to be awarded to the winner.
Apart from the Big 50, six more big-ticket events are in store to WSOP attendees. These are the following:
- Millionaire Maker No-Limit Hold’em, with top prize winnings of US$ 1 million
- Seniors No-Limit Hold’em for ages 50 and above
- Double Stack NoLimit Hold’em
- Monster Stack NoLimit Hold’em
- Crazy Eight’s NoLimit Hold’em, with top prize winnings of US$ 888,888
- Main Event World Championship