The coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a major threat as it spreads across countries. As a precautionary measure, poker events are being affected worldwide.
The poker world is now observing a slew of postponement and cancellation of tournaments from prominent organizations like WPT, PSPC, and WSOP.
Poker Tournaments Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Road to PSPC Hamburg
- Road to PSPC La Grande Motte
- Road to PSPC Madrid
- WPT Barcelona
- WPT Venetian
- WPT Deep Stacks Championship at Thunder Valley
- WPT Deep Stacks Maryland
- WPT Deep Stacks Jacksonville
- WPT Deep Stacks European Championship
- WPT Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown
- PokerStars and Monte-Carlo Casino EPT
- WSOP Circuit Harrah’s AC
- WSOP Circuit Bally’s Las Vegas
- WSOP International Circuit King’s Resort
- WSOP Circuit Bicycle Hotel & Casino
- WSOP Circuit Harrah’s Cherokee
- WSOP International Circuit Casino Barriere Le Croisette
- Upoker Philippines Championship
The World Series of Poker have been continuously releasing announcements regarding its live events. WSOP Circuits have been suspended and players were advised that the festivals will resume when appropriate.
As for the other events, organizers have not yet released statements regarding the resumption of their tournaments.
The large scale effect of the coronavirus outbreak has been plaguing the poker community for quite some time now. It is worth noting that there were a handful of tournaments that were already cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Poker Tournaments Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
- Triton Super High Roller Series Jeju
- WPT Deep Stacks Vietnam
- Golden Poker Million Marrakech
- Bounty Poker Tour
- 888poker LIVE Bucharest
- Netbet Open Craiova
- Unibet DeepStack Open Aix en Provence
- Norwegian Championships
- LEX LIVE 3
- Barriere Poker Tour Ribeauvillé
- WPT Deep Stacks Amsterdam
- Run It Up Reno X
- J88PT Philippines
For updates, stay tuned to apflivenews.com